How do I apply for membership?
If you live or work in one of the counties we serve -- or you're affiliated through your school or workplace -- you're eligible for membership. You can join USECU if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You live, work or worship in the California counties of Alameda, Sacramento, San Diego, Santa Clara or Yolo
- You're employed by the State of California, including all administrative offices of the state
- You're an employee, students or Alumni of the University of California or California University system
- You're a retired employees of the State of California or the University of California System
- You're employed by or a member of an affiliated Select Employee Group (SEG)
- You have an immediate family members or co-habitant that's already a member
Here's what you need to get started.
To streamline the application process, please have the following information available for yourself and any joint applicants.
- Valid, unexpired government issued ID: State Issued Driver’s License, State ID or Military ID
- Previous home address (if you have lived at your current home address less than two years)
- Social Security Number
- Email Address
- Credit or Debit card or a US Checking account number and routing number to make your initial deposit.
Did we answer your question?
You May Be Interested In:
Still Can't Find The Answer?
Need to talk to us directly? Contact Us
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I send a wire transfer?
- How do I sign up for mobile alerts?
- What features are available through Mobile Banking?
- What is Mobile Banking?
- What are your wire fees?
- How do I make a Mobile Deposit?
- How do I transfer money between banks?
- How do I apply for a credit card?
- How do I apply for membership?
- What should I do if I'm having technical difficulties?